Coming july 15th-19th
6:00pm - 8:30pm
Wouldn’t it be amazing to travel back in time and witness epic events in history? Imagine the thrill of meeting great heroes of the faith like Abraham, Moses, or Gideon. Or the fun of experiencing life in ancient cultures like Rome. Or the fascination of watching famous inventors make discoveries that change the world.
Now imagine traveling through time and meeting the most important man ever—a man who was not just a man, but also God. One who turned the world upside-down. One who existed outside of time.
We’ll do just that as we embark on Time Lab. We’ll use words beginning with “C” to help us remember that Jesus, our forever faithful, loving, caring, promise-keeping Lord, has been with us always!
Volunteer Positions are listed below
- Group Leaders: No teaching required! Just a little patience and lots of love. In this role, you will watch over a group of children from arrival to dismissal, leading them through the VBS rotations.
- Craft Helpers: In this position, you will help prepare, set up, and guide the children through your assigned craft or activity (some might be science experiments). You will learn one craft and repeat it each night in 30 min. rotations. By the last night, all groups will have come to you once.
- Games/Recreation: This will be outside, weather permitting. Assist with games and recreation. Will be finished at 8:00.
- Registration: The registration team will need to arrive at 5:30 and greet and assist families with registering or signing in their children for VBS. Registration workers will be finished around 6:30.
- Meal Prep/Service Team: In this position, you will help prepare and serve the food for the children and volunteers each night. We will need one or two people to assist in getting tables ready as the groups rotate through.
- Photographer: In this role, you will capture the kids in candid pictures as they experience VBS each night. You will need to own your own quality camera and have the knowledge and ability to put your photos in a slideshow.
- Parking Lot Attendant: This role is for someone who is able to spend a couple of hours outdoors, monitoring the lot as our children are playing outside, blocking off entrances as needed, and directing cars into the pick up line at the end of the night.
- Decorating Team: No artistic skills needed! We need many hands to cut, paint, put together, etc. decorations in the weeks leading up to VBS. If you can’t be there during VBS, but would still like to help, this is a great option!
- Set-Up/Takedown Team: If working with children isn’t your cup of tea, but you want to be a part of this outreach, we can definitely use your help setting up on Saturday, July 14th or taking it all down following VBS on Thursday night.
- Drama: Limited roles are available for the drama team. Must be able to commit to learning lines and practicing prior to the start of VBS.
- Teaching: In this role, you will be responsible for teaching the Bible lesson to groups of children. You would be teaching alongside another adult and will be teaching either primary (4 yrs to 2nd grade) or junior (3rd through 5th). You will be teaching provided curriculum and will need to prepare and help set up room.
- Follow-Up Outreach: We need volunteers to visit the guests that attend VBS and deliver cookies and information about Belmont.